Thursday, June 30, 2011

Average at Everything

I don't even know if I have anyone reading these, but hey, it is an amazing way to vent and just say what's on my mind and not worry about anyone's judgement. This post I want to explain the title to my blog. 

Average at Everything

Throughout my life I have been about average at everything. You can look at it in a bad way or in a good way, but I feel like it's a great thing! I have so many talents with which I have been blessed. Just to maybe write a small list (this is not me boasting, for as I said, I'm average at all these things):

Basketball- I was the sixth man on my High School basketball team, and I am average at it
Football- I played for seven years, and I felt like I was good at it, but now seeing other people play it, I am average
Frisbee- now here's a sport in which I have definitely improved in the last two years, for I play every Wednesday at 10
Tennis- only played two times and I absolutely love it, could get better but average for a beginner :D
Computers- I feel like I understand enough to get by, average
Looks- when a girl looks at me, normally they don't think, "Wow, he's hot," but they also do think I'm ugly either, thus average
Relationships- I feel my relationships (pretty much only when I try to start dating a girl) they end up being an average relationship of them dropping me, happens
School- in High School I thought I was the smartest kid ever, well kind of, but when I got to college I realized that a C- is just as good as a B- in some cases, especially if you think you're going to fail, don't get me wrong A's are nice and I'll try for them this year, but I'm just average in my major
etc...

I don't why, I'm just average in all these areas, but  I love it! I pretty much can do anything that someone wants me to do with them. I can all sorts of friends, and I do. Maybe it's because I don't really stick to one aspect of my life and work only on that at one time. I've never just focused on one sport in my life. I never ever just do school. I waste time doing anything and everything else.

Will average help me in the eternities? I sure hope so. I want to progress and find my potential! In my mediocrity I want to stand before my Father in Heaven and say, "I tried my hardest to do those things that thou hast asked of me, and through Jesus Christ I believe I can be cleaned to live with thee forever." Maybe this means I need to grow in certain aspects of my life better, to become a little higher than average. Areas in which I will need to grow:

My relationship with my Father in Heaven can't be average
My relationship with my Savior can't be average
My understanding of the gospel will not be average
I should feel the Holy Spirit more than average
My wife and eternal companion will be way way above average in her spirituality (she will also be the most beautiful woman in the world... don't judge me, I am still a little picky and shallow), and she will make me grow more than anything can in this life

Average is good. Average can be great. If I can be an average Civil Engineer, I will make enough money to support my family, and I will have time for them. I will be an above average father, just like my father was and is. Hopefully I can keep this up... I want to be average at everything, it is who I am, and it fits me perfectly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home