Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Don't Make Me Say It Again!

Don't get me wrong, whenever I heard this come from my mother's mouth, I hurried to get whatever it was she needed, done (normally after finishing the level of Mario or what not). If this phrase didn't make you quake in your boots, something may have been wrong with your parents' disciplinary actions.

Just for the record my parents' discipline was super good for me! Whenever I did something wrong to them or my siblings I had to go sit on the repentance bench until I said sorry... For those of you who know me I am very stubborn and won't say sorry, unless it is truly needed to say. It usually took me a while to realize that I was in the wrong and needed to "repent". FYI the repentance bench was the fourth step up and I spent most of my childhood on this stair in my house:D.

Don't make me say it again

What did my mom usually not want to say again you ask? Normally, do you chores or do your homework... You know important things like that, and they usually ended with before you play anymore nintendo... Man did I fool her once the XBOX came out... It wasn't a Nintendo anymore:D.

Now that I think about what this one liner has taught me in my life, other than the fact that if it was important enough my mom would have said again anyways, I'm actually impressed with how deep this thought actually has the potential to be:D. Brace yourself... When has God ever said something like that? I mean I've never heard or read anything like that ever! Can you picture Heavenly Father saying, alright if I have told you once I've told you a thousand times. YOU NEED TO... ! Things that could be put in here could include but aren't only:

Repent
Be better
Love
Hometeach
Date
Pray better
Quit wasting time

I mean God, his wants and desires are for us to come back and live with him forever, should be the one constantly saying, "listen children I really don't want to repeat myself for the next millennium, so remember and write this down."

I mean he's already done the last part, yet we/I still need special reminders every day and every week that we need to progress better. I need to read the scriptures and have discussions on faith so I can learn faith better, even though the recipe for faith is written out plainly and simply in the scriptures.

There were members in my mission in Germany that said they had gone to church enough to hear all the lessons and they didn't need to come because they were getting bored with all the same lessons. What's the point of going to church if your going to hear the same lesson you heard four years ago, or even last week? It happens all the time. For example, this past week we talked about the last supper in my Sunday school class, it so happens I went to a ward the week before that had the same lesson. Instead of paying attention I regret to say that I just played on my new iPhone... (not to say I was playing games because I'm still not doing that until the end of the year). I got nothing out of the lesson. Where the week before, I absolutely loved the lesson.

The Lord doesn't repeat himself for his own pleasure and benefit, he does it for us! We are the ones here to learn, we're the ones wanting to come back and live with him forever. So I'd say listen to him the first time, if it's being repeated, listen to it again, and learn just as much the second time as you did the first time. Remember that Jesus Christ suffered for all of us, and through him all of us can be saved, but we have to do our part, and the more repetitious something is, the more important it is. Just trust me! And don't make me tell you again:D!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home