Sunday, July 3, 2011

Get Over It

Have you seen that commercial for depression? It says something like, "You don't tell someone with cancer to just get over it. That's how it should be with depression." Depression is not something I deal with, but this phrase is something that is said a lot to me, or it should be when it isn't.

Get Over It


Getting over things is hard. Rivers, canyons, mountains, etc... They usually require something quite important. A path. If you have no path to get over these things, you'll get wet, lost, or die. Also these geographical obstacles can be teeny tiny or ginormous.
Good thing we all know I am not talking about getting over those kinds of obstacles. Those seem easy compared to some of the other problems we need to get over. Girls, deaths, school, girls, addiction, relationships, just to name a few.
I for one would never walk up to someone morning the loss of a spouse, family member, or friend and say, "oh he ain't getting any deader, get over it." That is inhumane and just down right stupid. Have some sympathy, if you're without empathy.
On the other hand, when someone gets horrible grades, or when they fail a class, or when they don't understand something from school, I have no trouble in saying, "it's already happened, you can't change the past, all you can do is do better next time." Which is pretty much a nice way to say, "Get over it!"
Now what way is best for when one needs to "get over" a girl? I have no idea! As I wrote a few days ago in "Her Loss" I think it takes a lot to get over a girl. What is that path? How is one to get over a girl. I have found a couple ways to do so, but I am definitely not an expert.

Time-give it time, if it was a relationship that meant anything to you it should take some time to "get over" the person.
Halt ALL communications-I hate this one. Normally when I get into a relationship, the girl becomes my best friend. She is the one I turn to with most of my problems, and I rely a lot on her. So this is super hard for me, personally.
Turn to him who brings you most happiness-He can tell you why it hurts so much. It's all about the opposites! "LOVE", in my humble and right opinion, is the greatest and happiest feeling in the world. So when someone you love ceases their relationship with you, that happiest feeling and amazing feeling is gone and turns into one of the most depressing and lonely feelings in the world. Christ has gone through all of my sorrows. He knows me, he knows you, and he knows the pain each of us go through, even broken heart.
Find someone else that will make you better and happier-You don't want to do this right off the bat (unless it's right, and you'll have to judge that). Finding someone soon afterwards will make you be happy, but it might not be happier than the previous person, but you're just looking for a replacement. Happiness can be found, one must just look... I have to look. Man I hate giving me advice I already know I'm not following well:D.

Anyways, every obstacle is possible to get over. If you're crying a river, build a bridge and get over it... it just depends on how fast you want to build that bridge, but as long as it's under construction, you'll get happier, promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home