Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grow Up

YOU!!!















So I was just going to finish it there, but what kind of blog would that be? Not a real one... :D Anyways, I'm running out of the one liners I first wrote out... I need to start thinking of more. Okay on to today's post.

When I was younger, like twelve or fourteen, I couldn't wait to get older. You know why? I wanted to stay up with my brothers and play video games. It seemed they were always up til the wee hours of the morning playing something... I think that's just what I imagined, now that I know them better, I bet they went to bed about an hour after I did. :D I remember asking my mom almost every night to stay up with them to play, and she always said things like, "wait til you're older honey," but I rarely play video games with any of my brothers now, especially this year.
Does anyone else remember the old jingle from Toys'R'Us? It went a little like this:

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys'R'Us kid...

Actually that's all I remember from it. And I remember thinking, I can't wait until I grow up. Then I can stay up playing video games. And now that I'm grown up... wait, scratch that, I still need to:

Grow Up


Mostly, I just needed to write it out in the middle of the screen. Grow up, what in the world would cause anyone to say this to someone else.

"Grow up, you're wasting your time with all of your fantasies, you need to come to reality."
"Grow up, you need to stop acting like a baby."
"Grow up, be smarter."
"Grow up, a foot or two, and leave."
"Grow up and put on the armor of God."
"Grow up to your potential."

Wow that is way more than I thought would come out. A couple of those things are about immaturity, how we need to become men, though we need to be as a child, humble, meek, full of love, etc (from Mosiah 3:19). Get smarter means to get as much schooling and mature that way... I want to start buying and selling stock, but now I've got to wait until I've paid off my car and have $500 to start... This should be fun.
Now the most important ones are the ones about growing up in God. How do you grow in life? There are the natural ways, and then there are the ways where we have to work our butts off to grow (that's usually the muscles and such). Spiritual height won't mean a darn, it's your spiritual strength that should mean something to you. Grow up and reach the potential that your father has for you. I hope to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home