It'll all Work Out
This post is coming as inspiration from another friend. I guess I take recommendations for good one liners... If you have any, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. First off, I want to apologize that I haven't written in a while... yes to you three people that read my blog. Sorry. Good, now that I have that out of the way, and that'll just imply that I haven't run in the last week, and no, I didn't run tonight... Just pretend I did.
This morning, I received a text from a friend. We'll name this friend Ben, he asked me a question... He asked me, "Ignoring the fact that I am in a(n) ... program and focusing on what you know about me personally , what would you imagine me doing for work next year? In ten years?" I had no idea how to answer this question. He's working as a intern right now, but I don't know what he's going to be doing. I'd just guess that he'll work his freaking butt off to do what he has dreamed of, whatever that may be.
Last night I was talking to my sister-in-law. Of all the topics in the world to be talking about, over a rousing game of Scrabble, we talked about dating... Of course. It seems to be her favorite thing to talk about...actually now that I think about it, it's everyone in my family's favorite thing to talk about with me (my parents did it earlier in the day, and I think my mom was getting jealous because my dad was telling me of all the girls he would be dating if he were my age, love them!). Anyways, Sarah's definitely not the exception. She loves telling me exactly how she feels about me and my dating life. I love it! I mean, I have no idea about what I am doing, and some things other people say help me and my problems out. Anyways to kind of link the two stories I got the feeling yesterday night, and I got the feeling while writing about "Ben" that:
It'll all work out
What will all work out? Sometimes it annoys the heck out of me if someone says that to me. It'll all work out? What in the heck do you mean it will all work out? Does that mean, at the end of the day, "I'm still going to be alive, and that means it worked out"? Or does it mean that everything is going to work out the way I want it to? NEITHER, sadly (but not really sadly because of what I'm about to say). This might be irritating to some as well, but it's going to work out the way God wants it to work out. It's going to work out (usually) to help you progress the most (if you're living worthy, of course).
Worthiness is the key! If you want something to work out, and it is something that is good, it will work out. No ifs, ands, ors, or buts about it. We learn from the scriptures that:
"All things which are good cometh of God;... behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God."-Moroni 7:12-13
When we're worthy we are good, and when we make decisions while we are worthy, they are normally the right ones. So the questions we have to ask ourselves are:
Am I worthy? (Now this I can't say about everyone, but for me I know when I am worthy and when I am not, I think, I hope)
Is what I am doing helping me and inviting me to God, or is it helping me to do good?
If it's not, can I change it somehow to be good?
If it is, how can I stay on this path?
After we ask such questions, we have to put what we learn (for it will be something from God, guaranteed) into action! If we don't we'll lose light, lose future spiritual experiences. We will kind of have to rebuild our trust with the spirit.
Then a very important part is to trust that whatever happens, is for our good. Again from the scriptures (one of my most favorite passages ever, and it may be quoted a lot, and you may want to skip it, but it's important!!), we learn:
"The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision (an object of ridicule), and hell shall rage against thee;
"While the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority, and blessings constantly from under thy hand.
"And thy people shall never be turned against thee by the testimony of traitors.
"And although their influence shall cast thee into trouble, and into bars and walls (Joseph Smith and his companions were in a jail cell at this time where they could barely stand mind you), thou shalt be had in honor; and but for a small moment (how long is small? In God's perspective this whole life is small, but we will be rewarded!) and thy voice shall be more terrible in the midst of thine enemies than the fierce lion, because of thy righteousness; and thy God shall stand by thee forever and ever.
"If thou art called to pass through tribulation (this means grievous trouble, but it can mean any kind of trouble); if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;
"If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations (and he was); if thine enemies fall upon thee (oh did they); if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can't you stay with us? O, my father what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;
And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
"The Son of Man hat descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
"Therefore, hold on they way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."-Doctrine and Covenants 122
WOW!! What powerful words. It makes me think, what kinds of things would the Lord say to me before revealing that last bolded part at the end:
"Tommy, if you don't like your job, if you can't get a girlfriend for a while yet, if your friends come to you with their hardships and you want so badly to help them but you don't know how, if you have media beating down at every angle on you, if you feel so low that you don't want to get out of bed, if girls confuse the heck out of you, if your friends desert you, if you feel like you can't control any part of your life, etc..."
Wow, I just realized that that list would be really long!! But then it'd say!! "know thou, my son, that these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
"The Son of Man hat descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?"
I getting experience, and it will be for my good. Everything bad that happens in my life can be overcome. I need to trust in the Lord, my God, and know my Savior and my Redeemer, suffered for every wrong that has ever happened in my life. He went through it all. He went through it all for me! Because of him I have faith that it will all work out now. Now doesn't need to be now, the present. But it will now all work out soon. This too shall pass. And my experience points will help me reach level 100! (okay I had to put in some sort of Pokemon reference... I kind of miss it okay?) But seriously, it'll all work out soon, even if it's in the end of this life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home