Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Kiss the Girl

Between my Sophomore and Junior year of High School I went to a summer "camp" for... I really don't know it was for. It was called HSI, High School Summer Institute (then shouldn't have been HSSI? oh well). It feels like there were all types of people there, but all of us were the... maybe smartest? I don't really know, of our schools. While there I held a girl's hand for the first time. Her name was Jessie Bennion. The story with her is, a guy that was named Jesse, wanted to date her, but she wanted nothing to do with him, and so I guess I "rescued" her. If I was better with girls I probably would have dated her after that... I knew she wanted to, but I don't know, I didn't have the guts.
Anyways at the end of the second of three weeks we had a talent show. I had decided during the week to sing a Disney song. I just couldn't decide which one until that day, which I decided was to be "Kiss the Girl." But I didn't have enough confidence in myself just to sing this song so I decided to start of by singing it in Kermit the Frog's voice at the beginning. The MC introduced me by saying, "and now Tommy Scherbel with what he's been thinking about all week long, with 'Kiss the Girl'. Lots of yelling and clapping ensued. I got up there and after a long intro (and I mean long) I started. Everyone was laughing (whether at me or with me I still don't know, but I assume with me), and I loved doing it! That was my first major performance on a stage.
I won the award at the end of the camp for most likely to win next American Idol. HA!

Just Kiss the Girl


At this time of my life, I definitely hadn't kissed any girls. I didn't think I had had a good enough relationship with any to kiss. I went through my Junior year of High School almost dating two girls (in my life almost dating is as close as I get, so I pretty much dated them I guess). Senior year I started "dating" (again I didn't think we were dating, but we probably were) the prettiest girl in the school, and I told her at the beginning of our friendship that I wasn't going to kiss anyone until I got home from my mission. She helped me honor that goal, and though we both felt we were far enough along in the relationship to kiss, we didn't.
She waited for me, kind of, and when we first started to be together when I got back I told her I wouldn't kiss her until we felt that ready again. It never happened for not only was she still in love with me, but she had fallen in love with another man. This guy is amazing, and they are now happily married, and they are really wonderful. I miss them both. She was one of two girls I ever seriously thought I might marry.
Soon after this most of my siblings were pushing for me to start dating and for me to get married. They then found out I hadn't even kissed someone. Roland was the first to advise me on my dating habits and told me I didn't need to be scared of kissing. He told me of his fool proof way of getting a girl to want to kiss him, and I laughed. I am not nearly as smooth as he is. He told me to kiss her by the third date, and I'd know that she wanted me to kiss her, by kissing her on the cheek first. If she had objections to that, I wasn't to kiss her the next date. He also told me that I was not to ask to kiss her, and that he'd slap me if I did for my first kiss. He told me to just kiss her. Dan then gave me pointers on how to kiss... Thanks guys I guess it hasn't helped much :D.
It took me another year and a half before I kissed someone though. I did exactly what Roland told me to do, and it totally worked... but the relationship ended quite suddenly. It wasn't the lasting relationship I wanted. So the next time, which was almost a year later, I did it my way... it also ended quite suddenly...

Kissing is something that is quite sacred to me. Is that weird? It is something that shows complete and total devotion to the other person. This is my opinion I know, but I feel like, if everyone else thought this way the world would be a lot better. Sadly it doesn't. To me kissing shows a special bond between the two individuals. I am sad to say that I lost all respect for the first girl I kissed. Now the second woman I kissed, I have the highest utmost respect for. I think this is because I did it my way the second time. I feel that when I kiss someone else I need to have this respect for them as well. If I don't then I think I'll just be kissing a girl, when I want to be kissing a marvelous woman of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home