Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm Singing in the Rain!

What a wonderful day. Sometimes, I wonder why the heck I am so lucky, but then I remember I have my down days... Today wasn't one of those days. I stayed up super late last night trying to help Cam stay up and stay focused, and she was up even more super late than I was. Homework does kind of stink, but I love going to BYU.

When I was a camp counselor at Little Lemhi Scout Camp in just inside the Idaho boarder by Wyoming, I would sing a song with one of my favorite counselors there, we would sing the song,

I'm Singing in the Rain


every time it rained. It was so much fun! It went a little like this. I'm singing in the rain, I'm singing in the rain, I'm chitta chattin', chitta chattin', chitta chattin', hey! chitta chattin', chitta chattin', chitta chattin', hey! Thumbs up... We'd then sing that all again holding our thumbs up, after we sang thumbs up, we'd say elbows in, then repeat that whole sequence with our thumbs up and elbows in. We continued singing and it ended up being, Thumbs up, elbows in, feet together, knees together, butt out, tongue out. Then we'd sing the whole thing up to the last hey with our tongue out and everything else being done how we said we would. SO MUCH FUN!!

I LOVE THE RAIN! I mean, I love it being hot, and I love it being cold (when it snows), but it is my favorite when it rains, and it is not freezing! That is the time I love playing frisbee, football, soccer, etc... It's so much fun diving for the frisbee and landing on the soaking grass receiving a huge mud stain down the front of your shirt. This is how it was today or rather tonight. I wish I could always play in the rain.

Rain is wonderful, but storms are horrible. This past week I felt one of those storms. Without getting into much detail, I had a rough week. For some reason this past weekend was just super stressful. I am never stressed! That is something to know about me, I normally am super chill and relaxed, but this week, especially the weekend. There were a couple reasons for this, but pretty much the biggest reason was me not being willing to change for the better. Satan seems to love attacking me and my weak points. He knows how to get me frustrated, and he seemed to hit me with a bunch of different cheap shots. This made me frustrated in other aspects of my life, namely school, work, and being with Cam, and I didn't like it at all! I seemed to make cheap shots at her, and I felt horrible for doing it because then she'd be sad, and I don't like seeing her sad.

"And now my sons, remember, remember, that it is upon the Rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty STORM shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall"- Helaman 5:12

Sometimes when I get going, enjoying the mini bursts of rain in my life, I forget that some of the days that I think that it's just rain, it really is a storm. I think I am enjoying life, but then Satan comes in and hits me with a storm instead of the cleansing rain that Christ brings. Satan's storms are dirty, and he is trying to drag me down to that gulf of misery and endless wo, but I stand firm on that foundation Christ has helped me build, and I'll just keep Singing in the Rain! If anyone wants to join in on my next rendition of "Singing in the Rain," let me know. If you're having troubles in the storms let me know as well, I know of someone that can help bring you through that storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home